1. I enjoy praying with my accountability sisters...lifting our deepest concerns together and sharing God's presence...peace comes even in the midst of turmoil and He reminds us of His promises, and many times gives us hilarious things to laugh about because they are so outrageous!
2. "Her-opause" definitely has my attention these days...(this word is so mis-named, what do "men" have to do with it other than tell us we "don't have it". Being slapped by this sudden onset is daunting to say the least, and I ponder just how bad it must have been a few decades ago when women didn't have today's modern medicine in dealing with the all-encompassing side effects that arise monthly, daily, momentarily, second by second...it is truly something I wonder about lately.
3. In my heart, I know my Mother and Daddy loved me, taught me right from wrong, instilled the importance of conscience and telling the truth...and said "I'm sorry" when they felt they had made a mistake.
4. Take iced tea, add a little Tropicana Pure/Raspberry- Acai and get ready to enjoy a cold drink that calms the hot flashes...you'll want to suck on the ice cubes and get every drop...then prepare yourself to say, "AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, don't it make you feel good?!"
5. God has gifted me with a brain and heart that believes He said it, and BANG it happened!!
6. Going to the nail salon, sitting in the vibrating recliner as my feet dangle in the deep pool of wonderfully warm, air-jetted, swirling foot bath and having a pedicure/leg rub....aaaaahhhhh--especially when the pretty, Korean girl with the delicate, yet powerful hands like a vice grip, dips into the gel salt rub--then slathers it on my shins, feet and ankles. Long strokes up and down the sides of the shins, rotating around my toes and behind my heels, buffing away those rough places I can't seem to get smoothed no matter what I do...aaaaaahhhh, yes, that is an instant vacation. After she smooths on the orange-almond lotion, it makes me want to go find a friend and let them smell my feet!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to "hearing God turned or slowed the storm and our friends in Texas are AOK,
tomorrow my plans include cleaning out another closet
and Sunday, I want to learn more about my new class of 9th graders in our small group during our youth program at church...they're amazingly funny and like to share their understanding of life. They give me energy on days when I think I've run out of it...that "her-opause" thing again!
If you could add a link to your blog when you comment, that would be GREAT!