Thursday, September 18, 2008

HOPE...MEETING GOD IN PRAYER...

Have you ever PRACTICED
"lectio divina"?

(pronounced lex-ee-oh dih-vee-nuh)

I find this to be a wonderful way to center into prayer time and "hear" differently...

(instructional words from theupperroom.com Daily Reflections, November 6, 2006)http://www.upperroom.org/daily/?page_id=9, )

A Latin phrase literally translated as "divine reading", it refers to the reading of sacred scriptures as practiced by the early Christian fathers and mothers. It is NOT a Bible study and involves NEITHER an analysis of a scripture passage NOR an emphasis on text information.

Lord, send your spirit to those seeking you in prayer,
listening for your special voice in their lives.
May practicing Lectio Divina grow
their prayer relationship with you
in ways they never expected.
Amen


CIELO http://houseinroses.blogspot.com/2008/09/hopeful-friday.html from "House In The Roses" is the Hostess of Hopeful Friday. Please visit her blog to not only read what she has posted for today...but to visit the blogs of everyone participating today.


15 comments:

Ewa said...

I love your advice. I am not very religious, but the way you have described it is very meaningfull.
Thank you for sharing.
Ewa

KarenHarveyCox said...

You post is beautiful. Words needed by many people this week. You are a blessing. Karen

Sassy Granny ... said...

I adored my mother. She has gone to be with the Lord for many years now, having passed when I was just 27 (I'm now 60).

As a child I used to love to be near her, and just her scent (White Shoulders Cologne) was comforting. Then I became a teen ... Later I married ... Along the way I took her for granted. I forgot to sit by her, or to seek out her voice often enough.

Your piece makes me think of how I still do that to the Lord at times. He is as near as near can be, and when I sit to ponder as your steps suggest, I am comforted and buoyed. Even my mother seems nearer at those times.

Beautiful thoughts.

Kathleen

celestina marie said...

So wonderful to meet you and thank you for stopping by with your kind comments. Your blog is lovely and I am blessed today by your post. It came at a special time for me.
Thank you and Blessings. I look forward to seeing you again.
Have a beautiful Friday.
Celestina
la rea rose

CurtissAnn said...

thank you for the listening prayer. Just this morning I was praying to learn to listen more attentively. :)

. said...

Thanks for your visit and comment.

Alfazema

CIELO said...

Good morning! And a happy "Hopeful Friday" to you. Faith enables persons to be persons because it lets God be God.... have a wonderful weekend...

Hugs

cielo

KATHERINELLEN said...

Beautiful prayer.....OH...what a wonderful feeling to be closer to the Lord in prayer. It's peaceful and comfort feeling and he will give you words as you listen. Thanks for sharing a wonderful words and prayer. You have a wonderful Hopeful Friday..~Katherinellen~

Virginia said...

Love your inspiring prayer, and the name of your blog .
Glad you came by.
Blessings, Virginia

jeanne said...

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful post. The prayer is full of promise and hope. Have a wonderful Hopeful weekend.

Hugs, Jeanne

CIELO said...

Good evening... I just had to come back to Thank YOU for letting us all feel a littler closer to our amazing Father above.... your blog is truly an inspiration, and your prayer, a song from the heart. Thanks... and blessings to you and yours

cielo

Technonana said...

THANKS FOR SHARING THIS POST!!
GOD SPEAKS, WE LISTEN.. DRAW ASIDE BY YOURSELF.

Clif said...

Good post. Very interesting. This is not important but a few days ago you mentioned that you would like to see what others have on their doors or entry ways for fall. My wife posted about ours today http://athomeinscottsdale.blogspot.com/

Charlotte said...

I had never heard of this before. Very interesting. I'll have to go back and read the instructional words again. It is such a new concept to me that I need to meditate on it awhile. Thank you for this post.

CIELO said...

Just came by to say hi and wish you a sunny and happy day to you, sweet friend.... :)

cielo