Saturday, May 30, 2009

SAT. STEPS/FAITH #11 & SPIRITUAL SUN (providence)

JOINING LISA AT "MY PASSIONATE PURSUIT"...












Quiet times have reverberated the word "providence" this week...providence in those things we acknowledge...and in those things we don't acknowledge. Things we don't want to acknowledge because surely God didn't bring them to me.

This past week brought many Job-like moments....asking why this much time to be set apart with physical ailment?...then I remember what I learned when reading Job. He was so steady of mind even though his struggles seemed they would never end. Did you get as frustrated as I did just reading his plight throughout life? Everything was accepted then given back to God because Job loved Him so and knew His ways are the best. Job KNEW God would see him to the other side of suffering.

How could we exercise our "faith muscles" if we never feel the storms of life pulling against them, making them strain, making them slowly breathe through the pain of it all?
"Standing on the promises of Christ, My King.
Through eternal praises, let His praises ring.
"Glory, hallelujah, I will shout and sing",
standing on the promises of God!"
Singing Cokesbury Hymnal songs with my granny...hers a sweet, timid voice...every so often hearing the soft clicking of her false teeth as she sang. It makes me laugh as I remember that...


but it makes me smile KNOWING and APPRECIATING how much she taught me about Jesus (without my knowing it at the time).

Thank you, Lord, for my having a Jesus-loving grandmother...and mother. The two saints in my life who have lived and taught You to me when each "faith muscle" was being exercised and stretched to its full length.
May I be as diligent as my legacy to pass these same understandings on to those I love and have in my life.
"Hang on, trust God, because He wants the best for you
and His plan is unfolding."

Amen & Amen
JOB 5:17-18 "Blessed is the man whom God corrects; so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty.For he wounds, but he also binds up; he injures, but his hands also heal. "

19 comments:

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

Oh my stars! I remember that hair!!! When was this taken???

Faye said...

Susan, you are such a blessing to me! Please keep us in your prayers! Love, Faye

Kim said...

So sorry to hear about your spill today; hope the pain is MINIMAL! I'm a klutz too, walking into doorways, falling over my own feet... Who needs enemies when we've got ourselves to beat us up?! Do you always seem to have self-inflicted bruises somewhere? There are times when I have no idea what I've done to cause a big old bruise :-(

Take it easy and try to have a good weekend in spite of it. Blessings to you!

P.S. We were in Ludington exactly a year ago this weekend. *sigh*

HisPrincess said...

Hi Susan,

Thanks so much for visiting my blog, I'm always happy to meet new bloggers!

Your post really spoke to me today. This morning's sermon at church was all about encouragement, and constructive criticism. I've been grappling with whether or not to speak to my teenage daughter about her negative attitude and how it affects those around her....seems I'm being prompted to do exactly that! Now I just have to figure out the right thing to say, at the right time. Praying for answers.

Look forward to getting to know you!

Sharon.

chubskulit said...

Thanks for this inspiring post and for visiting as well as commenting on my page.

It's nice to know that your dad had been to our country. You may visit out country sometimes..

john said...

Very motivating post, thanks for sharing.

btw, i am now following your blog, hope u can visit mine sometimes.

beckyworks said...

I hope this week goes better for you than the last. Sometimes God's promises are all we have to stand on, aren't they? :)

Smilingsal said...

God is good. Thanks for sharing. Happy SS Sunday.

Lisa said...

What an encouraging post! The biblical definition of patience is to be constant. That was Job's strength. He was constant no matter the circumstance. That is our goal isn't it? To be consistently constant (O: I'm agreeing in prayer with you for His provision in your every circumstance.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Providence ... despite my acknowledgement. A powerful word, friend. Thanks.

peace~elaine

Clif said...

Good words about a good topic. God is good to us as He works in our lives. Thanks for posting.

Charlotte said...

I'm so thankful for my Godly mother. I can't imagine what my life would be like without her influence. The story of Job always inspires me as does the story of Joseph. Of course those are just two of the many included in the Bible.
When I think of trials in this life I'm always reminded of the comparison of how pure gold is gotten. It has to go through the fire.
Thank you for sharing.
Charlotte

Susan said...

You post ties in with mine today. God seems to do this a lot. I love that.
Susan

christy rose said...

Susan,

This was wonderful! And very encouraging!
Thanks for sharing it here!
Christy

Kim said...

Hope your weekend was mostly pain free!

I'm making more bread this morning. LOVE this way of doing bread. Easy, fast, yummy :-)

Looks rather overcast again. This is very unusual weather for here. Normally they get little precipitation (some years even none at all). Good for our garden though! (boy, did I have trouble just spelling precipitation...four tries before I had it right...need coffee now!).

Anyway, have a great week!

enchanting cottage said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes, as I pray my grandchildren will be thankful for this someday.
God Bless,
Ginger

enchanting cottage said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes, as I pray that my grandchildren will feels this way someday.
God Bless,
Ginger

Greg C said...

I can just hear that little clicking sound as she sang. My father used to do that and it drove my mother crazy.

Crown of Beauty said...

Hi,
This post is such a blessing. So many golden nuggets all woven into the fabric - trust, obedience, endurance, faithfulness...

I like how you put it, exercising the faith muscle, isn't that what our faith journey is all about?

Loved your story about your granny. Yes, thank God for grannies, and we are grannies now. It's our turn to pass on the blessing.

Praying for you...
Lidj