Thursday, May 14, 2009

THANKFUL THURS.#26, & SOUTHERN-GROWN HAPPINESS



COME SEE OTHERS' CONTRIBUTIONS


JOIN ALONG...click on: TRUTH4THEJOURNEY FOR NUMBER 26
WE'RE SHARING OUR PRAISES...



LAST NIGHT I ENJOYED...
CREAKY HARDWOOD FLOORS
COTTON COUNTRY CRAFTS

YUMMY YEARNINGS AND CALORIE-RICH MENUS
SMELLING SOUTHERN-FRIED, COUNTRY STEAK and
EATING SLOWLY-COOKED VEGETABLES

HEARING TOE-TAPPING MUSIC
AND POLITE, YES-MA'AM SERVERS

SPENDING TIME WITH GOD-GIVEN, TREASURED FRIENDS
SWEET TALK AND SHARED HAPPENINGS

YOUNG, TEEN-AGED, FIRST-CRUSH FEELINGS
SOFT, HAND-HELD BLESSINGS TO OUR LORD

YES,CABBAGE, PINTO BEANS
THEN PEPPER-SAUCED COLLARD GREENS
ALONGSIDE SLOWLY-STEWED TOMATOES
WITH POTLIQUOR-DRENCHED CORNBREAD

EACH NOTE PICKED,
VIBRATING INTO THE EVENING'S SHADOWS

EACH COMMENT SAVORED,
BATHED IN SLOW, SWEET CONVERSATION

EACH FILLING BITE WASHED GINGERLY DOWN
WITH "SPLENDA'd" ICE TEA

THANKFUL FOR HARVESTED FOOD
THANKFUL FOR HARVESTED FRIENDS
THANKFUL FOR HARVESTED, SOUTHERN-GROWN HAPPINESS!
("CLICK THE PIC" & SEE THE OUTDOOR SCENE MORE CLEARLY)



13 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Sounds like a great evening!

Kim said...

Good thing I'm eating right now! Love me a vegetable plate from a southern style restaurant :-) My hubby made a delicious lunch: pork chops, roasted butternut squash with onions, garlic and green peppers, and salad with a vinegar and oil dressing. YUM!

What a great thing you could hang out with Be Still and Know on the eve of her DD's surgery. I'm sure time with y'all helped during an anxious time.

I was up way too late last night getting ready for art class today. Actually I might have done more than I was supposed to...oh well. This project is turning out way better than previous ones :-)

Faye said...

Hey girl,sounds like you had a great time!Hope you have a great day! Blessings, Faye

Gina Stinson said...

Beautifully written! Sounds like you are very blessed.
Gina

Jenny said...

Sounds yummy and lots of fun :)

Linda C said...

Sounds yummy and a lot of fun!

Thanks for stopping by my place for a visit!

Happy TT!

Linda C

Laurie said...

I enjoyed what you shared and how you wrote it!

Sharlyn Guthrie said...

I loved your poetic post. God's blessings are certainly bountiful, and come in many shapes and sizes!

Shabby Olde Potting Shed said...

My tummy is growling... can you hear it? heehee
You BLESSED me today more than you'll ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever
UNDERSTAND.
THANKYOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holykisses,
Lea
I'm taking you with me tonight to the revival!

Leslie said...

Hi,

Thanks for visiting my blog today! I was just reading your profile and noticed that you have a quote by Helen Keller and that your interests include ASL? Do you sign or work with the deaf and hard of hearing? Those things just stood out to me because my younger son is hard of hearing and wears hearing aids. When he was young, we did some signing with him, but now he is completely verbal. Just thought I'd ask!

Blessings to you!

sara said...

sounds like a great night and my kind of food!!!!

Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

What a great evening! Pics were terrific!

Yolanda said...

Blessings