My craft idea is one I made for my prayer group a couple of years ago while learning to crochet...ICICLE ANGELS...they're fun to hang on the tree, hang on a stocking and put on a gift instead of a bow...Thank you Granny Judith, for the free pattern!
Liddie...@ 2nd Cup...has another fun group of questions for her "Random Dozen"...
1. If you could master one sport, what would it be?
gymnastics...was always my passion and had to end due to a neck injury...i still want to be 'flipping'.
2. When you make a major purchase, do you go with your gut instinct, or do you do research to make an informed decision? research,checks,consumer reports, friends' input...best bang for the buck
3. There is an old kids' game: Find out what your movie star name--use your middle name as your first name; use the name of the street you grew up on as your last. What is your movie star name? Carol Valley Stream...sounds like a fish camp, doesn't it??!!
4. Would you rather give up your favorite music or your favorite food? food...got to be able to sing those praises
5. There are two types of banana preferences. One is pristine yellow, almost to the point of being green; the other is spotty and more ripe. Which is your preference?
They're two different beasts per se: for eating and banana pudding: bright yellow; for making banana bread: the darker the better
6. Your favorite tree is?
Mimosa...great to climb, awesome to see with their wispy blossoms...the limbs of these trees seem to want to wrap around you...I so enjoyed climbing them at my Granny's house when I was younger
7. On a scale of 1-10, how tech savvy are you? 8-9...having finished my communications career as a network manager...used to deal with many technical issues...many schools, many hours of root cause analysis and major event investigations and write-ups...it was fun and mind boggling at times, but i really miss THE PEOPLE...
8. Has H1N1 touched your family? nope
9. Are you an analytical person, or do you just accept things the way they are without questioning or scrutinizing? pleez...I married an 'driving analytical', what do you think?
10. Is your personality more like that of a dog, cat, or Koala? what made you choose a koala? I'm probably more like a cat(can be aloof when I need to be goal driven...yet I love a good cuddle) ...even though I like hugging, i wouldn't enjoy eating leaves for sustenance
11. Do you keep in touch with friends you made years ago? yes
12. You are checking out at a grocery store. In the express lane, there are more people than the regular lanes, but of course, their load is less than those in the regular lanes. Which lane do you choose (assuming you qualify for the express lane) and why? When in a hurry I take a glance at every ones' buggies...then choose my best bet. I ALWAYS follow the 15-or less rule...if I have more than 15, I'm in the other line. I've been known to let people in front of me on my more leisurely days of shopping...and I'll talk to the cashier and bagger like the REAL people they are... :)
"Call to me and I will answer you
and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."