Friday, January 15, 2010

FRIDAY FILL-IN & FINDING BEAUTY

&






CLAUDIA FOR FRIDAY FILL INS for FRIDAY-
FINDING BEAUTY...
1. The lesson I learned yesterday was: "Grown ups" act like teenagers when they get in line to sign
up for something...the line was more horizontal than perpendicular and it took FOREVER to finally SIGN the sheet to help with SENIOR WEEK.

2. Dreaming of being under the Arbor at our campground in the summertime...
where friends
and family meet.

3. All these years
of being in my house are adding up to lots of money having to be spent
now on upgrades, repairs and newer items that won't last as long.

4. H
aving to stand in line so long made me late
to our weekly prayer/share, so I quickly joined in after finding the ladies discussing their week when I arrived.

5. The truth is GOD IS ALWAYS SPEAKING TO US--WE'RE JUST NOT BEING QUIET AND
STILL LONG ENOUGH TO HEAR HIM.

6. 'FOUND BEAUTY IN' REMEMBERING
THE LOOK ON DD'S FACE
YESTERDAY WHILE ANNOUNCING HER ACHIEVING "HONOR GRADUATE"--AND NOT HAVING TO TAKE FINALS IN ANY OF HER CLASSES...PRICELESS...THAT is what I remember most from that day.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to
WORKING ON MY KNITTING PROJECT, tomorrow my plans include WRAPPING UP THE PRE-LIT CHRISTMAS TREE AND RETURNING IT TO ITS 'PLACE' IN THE BASEMENT and Sunday, I want to BE IN OUR CONTEMPORARY SERVICE TO HEAR OUR SENIOR PASTOR...I'VE BEEN IN YOUTH THE PAST TWO WEEKS AND IT'S MY TURN TO BE FED!


Jer. 33:3
"Call to me and I will answer you
and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."
Blessings,

18 comments:

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

Great list - love #5 - so guilty of that sometimes!

sara said...

great answers this week!!!

so proud of your girl!!

have a wonderful weekend!

Mocha with Linda said...

Great answers! #1 made me laugh.

Congrats to your girl!!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

Great Fill-in. I really loved number five.

Claudia@DipityRoad said...

What a beautiful girl!
Congrats to all of you.

Love the list -- and like others have found myself GUILTY of several ;)

Thanks so much for participating and sharing Beauty.

Claudia

Beansieleigh said...

Oh, as much as I don't want to, I may be taking my tree down too... Unless somehow I can manage an excuse or two NOT too! (0; Nice to meet you today! Happy Friday, and have a wonderful weekend!

Nel said...

Your daughter is beautiful! I may have to check this meme out, sometimes I hit a brick wall trying to find something to blog about. Thanks for sharing.
...nel

ellen b said...

Congratulations to your daughter and her achievement! She is beautiful. Have a great weekend...

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

I've done Friday fill in a few times, not today thought. I went for a walk in the park and took pictures with the new camera. I did Friday Finding Beauty....even in winter is was a good walk the weather was great.

See ya Sunday!
R

Jeanne said...

What a great list! I love how you combined the two challenges and showed that it doesn't take a photograph to "see" beauty.

claudie said...

#2 hits home for me.
DD is beautiful...you found beauty there. Congratulations to her.
Happy FFB
Love Claudie
xoxoxo

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Sweetie...
Thanks so much for stopping by. I love new visitors and love to pop back over and see their blogs too. Yours is so beautiful. What a beautiful Friday post.

Even as grown ups, yep still act like kids. Some act like they don't even know what a line is, just march right up to the window and say Excuse me, I just have a real quick question? Love it when they are told so does everyone else in this line.

Your arbor dreaming of camping sounds like fun. We camped all the time as kids, and some summers we ended up meeting some of our friends from the year before. Lots of fun, laughter, stories and road trips. Yea! Love it.

#5 is so true. Are we ever quiet enought to listen to when he tells us the answer to the question we ask of him. Nope, I don't think so either, and we think he has let us struggle. Remember those footprints in the sand, it was then that he was carrying us. Oh I so love this number.

Your DD is so beautiful, and congrats to her, not having to take finals as she has done so well. What an honor. I too would be thrilled.

Oh I wished I lived close by, I so am trying to learn to knit. I want to knit a baby blanket for my new grandbaby to be born in June. I keep looking and searching for books and instructions. No lessons available at any stores close to me. Phoenix is to large to be driving all over the place to try to go to lessons. I am going to learn.

Sweetie thank you so much for sharing with me today. You have such a lovely blog. I have signed up to follow you. I can't wait to see what you share next. I would be honored if you decided to follow my blog as well.

Have a beautiful weekend. Country hugs, Sherry

Terry said...

How beautiful DD is, I bet you are very, very proud.

Great list you made there,..Have a GREAT weekend. Terry

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Great answers!

mbkatc230 said...

What a wonderful list. #5 has been a real challenge for me lately, but I'm trying! Your daughter is such a beautiful young lady - congrats on her wonderful achievement! Kathy

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

What a beautiful girl and post. I enjoyed reading this. Thank you for stopping by, pop in any 'ole time..hugs ~lynne~

Denise Marie said...

what a beautiful girl with a bright, shining future.

kanishk said...

What a great list! I love how you combined the two challenges and showed

Work from home India