Sunday, January 31, 2010

PROJECT 365, WK 5



ARE YOU participating in Project365 with Sara and group?




and...

HOPEFULLY, my pics with participate this week...last week they wouldn't let me load them.This first shot is from last week...I didn't want you to miss seeing this sunset (I used my panoramic feature on my camera)

The second shot is also last week's pic...the local STATUE OF LIBERTY advertising for her company's tax service...DO YOU HAVE THESE IN YOUR TOWN? There on almost EVERY corner here.

No shots from Sunday or Monday, but did snap one after grocery shopping on Tuesday...I like to go when there are no crowds, the aisles have plenty of room, I can take my time and really bargain hunt...nice and quiet.

Being busy with birthday stuff and shopping, no more pics until Thursday. The weather was pleasant enough for me to get outside and cook ribs and teriyaki mahi mahi...yummo!! We were celebrating hubbie's birthday this week...
The storm from the West brought freezing rain and sleet late evening January 29 going into the early a.m. hours of the 30th...SATURDAY, I found my back porch table to be covered in ice with some interesting geometric patterns.

Enjoy week 6...



Jer. 33:3
"Call to me and I will answer you
and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."
Blessings,

21 comments:

Kim said...

Wow, you got some really cool photos this week!

Here in the summer there are not only people with placards or dressed up, but trucks that drive up and down the street blaring out advertisements and the last 2 weekends we also had a small plane flying low and blaring an advertisement. That's what you get in a tourist town!

That ice is freaky interesting. Just looking at it helps me cool down a little :-)

LuAnn said...

Love the ice picture!!!
Enjoyed the rest too.
Have a great week.

Rebecca Jo said...

mmm... I'm looking forward to warm weather for more grilling goodies!

that ice is beautiful on that table... weird how it worked out like that...

I need to check out your "danglie" blog... gonna make myself at home & check around your blog :)

Mocha with Linda said...

That first picture is stunning - looks like it could be a greeting card!

sara said...

that sunset is gorgeous!!!

yep, we have several of those lady liberty's in our city too!!! ours have lights around their head at night!

might you share the recipe for teriyaki mahi mahi? that sounds so good!

Ice here too!! with the hills we have in little rock, not good!

great week!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Oh my goodness, I thought we were the only ones who had the walking Statue of Liberty's... they are everywhere!

Love my Food Lion as well. So glad you'll be participating over at Joanne's. She's a hoot! One of my favorite funny momma's.

Blessings to you this week~elaine

rita said...

I'll have to try the panoramic feature.
Just reread your full profile--so talented, musical and artistic yourself. And ASL too? Are you an interpreter?
Happy belated to Mr. skoots.

Oh, I'd let you have Brutus, but he belongs to the granddaughter.

H-Mama said...

Yep... we have the statue lady too. ;) I can't even imagine ice and snow... it hasn't been that cold here in a while. Great pictures.

Amy said...

Love that ice picture, just so neat. It must be near dinner time because all these food pictures from the posts are making me HUNGRY. That looks SO good!!

Great week

Amy

Cubarado said...

Just want to pop in and say a HUGE THANK YOU for the comment you left me yesterday!!!
Many Blessings to you and yours!
Cute Blog!
I'm now a follower!! :)
Jaime

Hi, I'm Angie! said...

Loved the panoramic sunset - pretty & serene!

Food looks tasty & great idea in capturing the ice.

Have a great week!

Tori said...

Love the sunset! Beautiful!!
We have tax liberties all over too!
Great week!!

The Bug said...

I loved the sunset too - but the mahi mahi has me drooling!

Lori at The Davidson Den said...

Yeah, I like to shop like that, too. Trouble is, I never know quite WHEN that "special" time IS!!

Andrea said...

Hope you don't mind. I added a link to your blog on arise 2 write.
andrea

Cathy said...

Yep, we have the Statue of Liberty people. In fact when our daughter complains about working at Skyline her daddy points at them and says, you could be doing that and see gets pretty glad to have the job she has. lol

Tracy said...

I found you through my MckLinky. If you would like to join us, you need to register so you can get the newsletters. And you signed the wrong MckLinky.

So here is the instructions! Welcome!

http://workofheartandsoul.wordpress.com/365-project-2/

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

thank you so much for your kind comments! That T shirt sounds like a great idea! I am sure she will love that!
Love Collette xxxx

Marice said...

great photos! same with the other, my fave is the sunset :)

u may view mine here

☼¨`*•.♥Rocío♥.•*¨`☼ said...

Awesome shot! Love the #1 and #4

~*~KIMBERLY~*~ said...

Nice pix. Mine can be found here.