Sunday, January 10, 2010

PROJECT 365, WK 2



WEEK 2...Joining Sara with this week's fun in pictures...

I didn't get any the first couple of days of this week but the rest of the week made up for it...

After Disciple class, BS&K and I decided in the parking lot to go get some chili...to help warm our bones from the cold...
***click each pic to get a larger view :) ***
>
...then it was home to do laundry and 'feed my sour dough starter'...



Thursday the news was constantly telling us how much it was going to snow that evening, so I made sure I hit the grocery store before the 'going home from work' crowd that ALWAYS has to stop and get bread and milk when snow's coming...


the first few flakes were TINY, TINY


DD brought home a bowl she had painted and fired for a friend who is moving away on Sunday...she's going to be missed so much by my girl...it makes me sad to know she is losing such an awesome mentor


By Thursday evening we had a good little covering of snow...




In the morning I was able to traipse outside and take some shots (a little kitty had been walking and shaking his paws, making double pawprints on the front sidewalk...my little garden angel had an apronful of snow...my front steps made some beautiful pictures with the strange angles and curves...and I loved the color contrast of the cabbages with their overlay of snow.)




Saturday afternoon we took the junior/senior high youth students to the Georgia Gym Dogs (2009's NCAA National Champions, by the way)...they had a meet in Athens against Stanford...their routines were awesome and the Dogs won .




There was a 'pro-cheer' exhibition as well as some 'tiny' tumblers who showed us their stuff. It was great having some extra time with the kids and we ran into several of our freshmen, who met us at the Coliseum for the meet.


We stopped for burger, fries and frosted oranges on the way home...it was frigid getting to and from ... our High today was 22* and tonight should be around 16* (bbbbrrrrrr)
>>>>8<<<< Even the snowmen are cold!!>





Jer. 33:3
"Call to me and I will answer you
and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."
Blessings,

21 comments:

Faye said...

Hello there my precious friend. So good to hear from you. I am trying to get back in the swing of things.Thank-u for all your prayers and words of encouragement! You will never know how much you mean to be! Hope you have a very blessed day! Love, Faye

LuAnn said...

Great pictures this week!!! I love how you have those pictures grouped.

sara said...

wow, those shots of the snow flakes were awesome!!

your girl is very talented...that bowl is beautiful and I know will be treasured by her friend!

it has been frigid here too......coldest in 10 years they've said!

Mocha with Linda said...

Great pictures. Looks like you had quite a week!

The Bug said...

Love the bowl! I know your daughter's friend will cherish it.

We had a BIT more snow than you :) and it's 14 here now. Brr!

Amy said...

Your daughter is quite the artist...love her bowl. I miss the snow...sometimes ;)

Great pictures I enjoyed looking at your week!!

Amy

Elizabeth said...

What a full week for you... sounds like lots of fun... thanks for sharing!

rita said...

Great groupings. How did you do that?
Is your daughter into pottery big time?
Enjoy the snow while you have it.

Lori at The Davidson Den said...

Newbie from Sara's place...just stopping by. Great pics. I too love the cabbages.

Cathy said...

Such great pictures. Looks like a good week. I love the bowl she painted and fired. Beautiful!

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

I am going to attempt 365...so we will see how it goes.

For some weird reason I could not get your pictures to enlarge, but my computer has been acting screwy all day!

I saw you downstates snapping away at every one hugging M.


R

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

Great pics and collages. Your daughter is talented!! Being military I know how hard it is on them losing their friends.

Happy New Year, my sweet friend.

Sissy

Rita said...

I love your collages. What a great way to do multiple snapshots of an event/day!

Darla said...

i love your collages, i may have to do that some, some days i have several that i want to post. i enjoyed seeing the photos of the cheer and gymnastics meet, we attend several of those a year. i have a good time watching them. stay warm!

Edie said...

The chili sounds really good. We have freezing temps right now too.

The gymnastics looks like fun!

The bowl is beautiful. I'm sure it will be a treasured gift!

beckyjomama said...

GREAT pictures ... I wanna know how you got them in those little boxes. Cool!

H-Mama said...

Great snow pictures! Love it... and the bowl. :)

Melissa said...

The way you grouped those pictures was great! I had a hard time deciding what picture to use some days. That is a good way to do it. Excited to see next weeks!

~*~KIMBERLY~*~ said...

Very nice. I love the collages.

Tori said...

Love the groupings you did! And that bowl is amazing!!
Have a super week!!

~*~KIMBERLY~*~ said...

Hi. You can email me @:
kimberly.a.edwards @ gmail . com

I use picasa web. I'll have to investigate if google has a linux version of the desktop picasa. Last I looked they did not. In the meantime, if I want collages I use an image manipulation software similar to photoshop. I have gimp.