Thursday, March 4, 2010

THANKFUL THURSDAY *squared*...




...so, I'll join late to both.

AFTER RETURNING HOME TODAY FROM THE HOSPITAL where I had been sitting with a friend while her husband was undergoing surgery, I
realized it was THANKFUL THURSDAY.


1 Thessalonians 5:18 (The Message)

"

Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live."

I'M THANKFUL for being healthy, able to sit with my friend as she was anxious...able to repay in a small way the same 'presence' she shared with me when my hubs had surgery.

...THANKFUL for doctors, nurses, kind volunteer staff in our nation who make surgery so much LESS complicated than it is in many other countries.

...THANKFUL for a God who is steadfast in His walking ahead of us in times of sickness and injury. Bringing angels our way to build hedges of protection around us from His command.

...THANKFUL for friendships residing in our hearts; gifts of the human kind, not bought or in bred, residing because they love us and WANT to be with us.

...THANKFUL for a sun-filled day pushing out the gloom of the last several weeks of Winter.

...THANKFUL for chorus teachers and interns who will be leading our DD's last high school choral concert. Their input and quality expectations have driven these students to put their souls in their singing...it is truly glorious to hear their gifts wafting throughout the auditorium...I will miss it!

WHAT or WHO are you most thankful for today?

Jer. 33:3
"Call to me and I will answer you
and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."
Blessings,

6 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

I love all your weekly blessings and so glad you could be there for a friend going through surgery. Truly there is no greater need than that.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Greg C said...

Yes God brought us some sunshine too. What a great list today. Thank you for joining in.

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

What a great friend you are!! Great thankful list today. I am so very thankful for a forgiving God, one that guides me through tough times.

I am thankful for a wonderful husband that said we will be okay when I lost my job yesterday.

I am thankful for a 15 year son that said he would find a job to help ease our financial burdens.

I am thankful for an 11 year old son that said he didn't need to play baseball this year so we can save money. (He will be playing, I can give up something to make sure of that)

I am thankful for Blog friends that have become a lifeline for me.

I am thankful for my dogs that provide unconditional love and friendship.

I am thankful that I was Blessed with another day to enjoy in the beautiful world He created for us.

Hugs,

Sissy

Denise said...

Such a fantastic post.

Andrea said...

Sunny, but cool here in Richmond, today.
Blessings, andrea

More Than Conquerors said...

Great post! Thank God for enabling you to be there for your friend and to extend His presence to her. Thank God for blessing you in many ways. May you continue to know His love and many blessings. Take care and have a blessed weekend!

Warm regards,
Nancie