Wednesday, June 1, 2011

ALPHABE-Thursday...my first time ;)

Jenny Matlock**UPDATE:  PRAYERS for those affected in the Mass. tornadoes in Springfield


Good morning class. Joining JENNY for the 1st time @ Alphabe-Thursday! Today she has us studying the glorious letter:

and of course, when I think G...
I think..... GOODWILL
giving to GOODWILL
buying from GOODWILL

It helps me clean out my home, gain some tax benefit and then find 'who knows what' at very reasonable prices (that will help the workers in the store).  This little chest used to have a Mama Duck followed by three ducklings walking across a blue background...but I saw it as the future home of my den throws.

Many of my thrifting finds have been from Goodwill as well as local thrift stores and antique shops.  Finding valuable things that I'm sure someone must have given away by mistake...like the china pieces and silver accessories. 

Looking for those 'special' marks can be quite a challenge, they're sometimes in hidden places or under the tarnish...

sometimes I just HAVE to take a chance. 
Blessings,

Jer. 33:3 "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

15 comments:

lissa said...

the chest looks pretty with the pink and the little decoration.

have a sweet day.

upinthecosmos said...

I love the glasses and what you did with the chest! I used to check out the thrift stores but now a days I just never seem to have the time anymore, or I'm just too lazy... LOL

Ames said...

I like Goodwill too!~Ames

jfb57 said...

You certainly got some beautiful things! Thanks for sharing & reminding us about Goodwill!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

What finds! You have certainly found beautiful things.

Sue said...

We like to donate to and purchase from Goodwill, too.

Good finds.

=)

ellen b. said...

I have found many a great bargain at Goodwill....

Dazee Dreamer said...

I love the great things you can find at thrift stores.

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Great finds!

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

I love Goodwill!! Looks like some great finds!

Francisca said...

We can be Grateful when we Get Great Goodies at Goodwill! Grand G post!

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

The Girl-child and I were at the grocery story the other day and she pip's up "Mom how long did it take you to get everything you needed in your kitchen when you first started?" , this began our conversation on how you can't possible get everything you need all at one time and that you have to do it slowly a little bit at a time. I told her what we needed to do was to start saving our money now and then when she was in her last year of collage just make a list and hand over a big wad of cash and let you do your thing at all your thrifty stores.

I said "Your kitchen will be in good shape real fast!"

:) R

Kim said...

I always get a flutter of excitement whenever I go into a Goodwill... you're right, we never know what treasure we might find! Ivan recently scored three pair of jeans and one pair of khakis that were new with tags still on, and they were very good brands too! I've gotten new-in-package 300 thread count sheet sets, and lots of great kitchen items. Just picked up an electric steamer for vegies and rice for only $4. Love those deals!
P.S. Keep praying! I started my 5-day trial treatment today. Initially there was no change but this evening I'm hopeful that it's starting to work! Woot!

skoots1mom said...

will keep praying for you, Kim!!

Jenny said...

Welcome! It's so nice to see you here!

I love Goodwill, too. It is neat to help others out while getting to find treasures at the same time!

I also go to a lot of garage sales.

It's one of my favorite ways to spend a Saturday morning!

Thanks for linking this grand post up! I enjoyed my visit here.

A+