Wednesday, June 29, 2011

ALPHABE-Thursday…knitting pieces


Alphabe-Thursday!

[teacher.jpg]

Today we will be studying the knockout letter:

Knitting is my ‘k’ word…knitting and kroh-shay, hahahahah!

I’ve been busy this week readying another prayer shawl for our church ministry.  Last week I was given 9 very large ‘krohshayed’ squares to piece together with some of our ‘leftover’ yarn.  I always enjoy these projects because they don’t take me long and I can ‘play’ with how I join and edge the pieces together.  The yellow I used on the white/blue squares really ‘popped’…and it was fun adding the yellow to the middle circles..they look like ‘sunshine’.

263867_2184613012130_1151155808_2686291_5495632_n[1]

What is YOUR ‘K’ word this week?

10 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

You chrochet beautifully! Nice to meet you though Alphabe Thursday :)

H said...

I'm afraid that I am all thumbs when it comes to anything involving needles or hooks and yarn. I do admire your skill :)

Gattina said...

Oh my ! knitting is nothing for me, I have not the patience ! lol !

Mary said...

Love your cheery yellow trimmed squares! I wouldn't begin to know how to do that. I'm sure the recipient will receive much comfort from your shawl :-)

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

what a lovely shawl!!

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

Krazy!

R

☆☆Mumsy said...

That's beautiful blue knitted pieces.

lissa said...

looks good. I like the colors.

have a lovely day.

Our Village is a Little Different said...

I want to learn to knit.. I love the sound of the needles clicking, and it looks so therapeutic!
-Catherine

Jenny said...

I admire anyone who can knit. I've tried. I've had so many people tell me, "You just haven't had the right person show you yet."

And I still haven't, because it is just beyond me.

I love the idea that you're making a prayer shawl and that someone will get comfort from all your time and devotion.

Lovely link this week.

Thank you.

A+