Monday, March 10, 2008

24-HOUR WORSHIP

Sunday morning Sunday School and worship is such a small amount of time considering the entirety of each week. Let's see...from 8:15am until 10:30am is 2 hours 15 minutes. Since there are 168 hours in a week, I have 165 hours 45 minutes to worship him on my own. Have you ever thought of "living" each day as being a continuation of the worship service? Well, it is. Once I leave church, I will begin "worshipping with my life" throughout the remaining 165 hours 45 minutes.

Paul shared the fruits of the Spirit...Jesus' Spirit, the Holy Spirit..."lovingly, joyfully, peacefully, patiently, kindly, faithfully, gently and with goodness through His guidance of my self-control." Seeking His input each morning for these fruits and recognizing His gift of grace, then I'll be better prepared to approach the day "worship-fully" as it unfolds.


Romans 12: 1
... offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship.

Matthew 16:24-25
Jesus said, "For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.
Romans 6: 13-14
"Offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness. For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.