Friday, March 14, 2008

Divine Nature

"And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise" (Heb. 6:15)

Abraham patiently endured various trials and eventually received God’s promise.
How precious and unfailing are God’s promises, then and NOW.

Continuing with intentionally “living worship”, I should:
…repeat his promises with expectancy
…intentionally move out of darkness into His marvelous light of His divine nature
…feed on his word; listen for his voice

“Lord, through the trials of life, remind me of your great, precious promises so I may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. In my days of worship, keep my eyes open, drinking in your strength and glory. In your generous love I am really living at last!
2 Peter 1:4 & Psalm 63:2