Thursday, April 3, 2008

"FAFE, he calls her!"

Oh so precious....holding a newborn baby! My "adopted grandchildren" came for lunch today and I got to meet Erin's dollbaby, Faith. She is big to Erin but she is oh so small and dainty to me. As Mommy, Robin and I listened, Big brother, Ben, introduced Faith to Channing saying, "See....Fafe!" Oh, how I innocent and loving he was...toddlers, God's gift.

Chicken salad, lettuce, honey-sesame crackers, apples, and peanut butter & jelly sandwiches were the spread as we enjoyed catching up...then came pictures, of course, and chasing Channing's 16th birthday mylar balloon in the hallway, playing chase while "Fafe" slept, sitting in the floor building a farm with waffle blocks, and watching Clifford on tv...a great afternoon if you ask me.

Lord, bless this precious family, their travels back and forth from the southside of town, their growing to know each other and finding their "new" normal. Bless their obedience in following your ways by living out your Scripture and teaching Your Word. I am blessed to have them in my life and forever cherish the time I have with them

For my people will be as long-lived as trees, my chosen ones will have satisfaction in their work.
They won't work and have nothing come of it, they won't have children snatched out from under them. For they themselves are plantings blessed by God, with their children and grandchildren likewise God-blessed. Before they call out, I'll answer. Before they've finished speaking, I'll have heard.
Isaiah 65:17