Wednesday, April 2, 2008

IT'S NOT IN A BAG!




So, there I was...pushing and pulling two carts out of, let's call it, WallyW...up to my eyeballs in canned soft drinks and water. (I had asked for a flatbed, or what they at WallyW call and "L" cart, and they were all "in use", of course.)
Maneuvering slowly, trying not to run over the 2 million unsupervised children that were running in front of me. Pushing with my feet on the bottom rung to help push it in to right direction rather than the direction the wheels wanted to go in. Oops, my purse fell over and out came all my pens, lipstick, breath mints went tumbling out onto the tile floor, rolling in several directions....QUICK, must stop...whoa! Too much inertia...easier said than done.


After picking up my many little things from the floor and securing everything down in between the drink cartons, I steady myself and lunge forward to re-establish my momentum. Good, now we're moving (and there's no one in my way, I believe I can make it through the sliding doors!!)

"Ma'am, I'll need to see your receipt"...oh, you've got to be kidding...it's in my wallet, in my purse, under the drinks..."Ma'am, I'm sorry, it's policy, I have to check all receipts for anything NOT IN A BAG.

I wanted to raise my voice...yet I heard in my head from this morning's Bible Study..."this is one of those battles I was talking about...be nice, keep your tongue still. So, I grabbed the carts tighter and pulled to a stop...dug down through the drinks and pulled out the receipt and handed it to the bearded man in the blue vest. I know...it's his job.

So, for today's therapy, I thought I'd blog about my disgruntling moment, share it with my peeps, and see how many other stories could be out there about WallyW moments...Got any?

Oh, next time you're there...be sure to have your receipt ready, if ITS NOT IN A BAG!