Monday, April 21, 2008

Got rubberbands??


When I get stressed, I get headaches...and I especially get frustrated when my tongue reacts faster than it should--

And what's it about when it doesn't react fast enough?

Maybe I should put a rubber band around my wrist and snap it like crazy in those moments when "ye olde tongue" is flapping too fast. I've seen people do this while struggling with smoking. Maybe the snapping would wake me up to my "future consequences" regarding what is getting ready to come out between the teeth and out into open air.

On the other hand, when my words don't come fast enough I'm not sure what I could do to "dig" the responses out of the core of my brain. Perhaps B12 shots are in order instead of 300mg tablets. It's so embarrassing when I've known someone for years but struggle for their name...going through the alphabet trying to associate a letter sound with the face I'm pondering. My Granny used to go through all her six kids' names...she knew she would eventually hit the right one!

Staying in God's Word will definitely help get me re-centered for confession from my heart, and He promises He will pour blessings on us in "astonishing ways"...He will never forget my name or yours.

How do you deal with these situations??
(Is anyone out there? I haven't had any comments the last four posts...and my paranoia is kicking in...)



2 Corinthians 9:8-11
"God can pour on the blessings in astonishing ways so that you're ready
for anything and everything, more than just ready to do what needs to be done."