Tuesday, September 8, 2009

AMOS...Have You Been There Recently?

Our Disciple class this week is reading and exhorting the Book of Amos, now if you've read this book in the Bible, you know this prophet doesn't hold back when it comes to sharing what God told him. Many allusions voiced, screamed, foretold to the people of his day yet somehow I feel Amos is here with us.

What do you think?


Amos

3:2
"Out of all the families on earth, I picked you. Therefore, because of your special calling, I'm holding you responsible for all your sins."
5:6
"So seek God and live! You don't want to end up with nothing to show for your life But a pile of ashes, a house burned to the ground. For God will send just such a fire, and the firefighters will show up too late. Raw Truth Is Never Popular."

5:14
Seek good and not evil - and live! You talk about God, the God-of-the-Angel-Armies, being your best friend. Well, live like it, and maybe it will happen.

9:8
But you can be sure that I, God, the Master, have my eye on the Kingdom of Sin. I'm going to wipe it off the face of the earth. Still, I won't totally destroy the family of Jacob." God's Decree.