Wednesday, September 30, 2009

MY RANDOM DOZEN answers...

Joining LIDDIE @ 2ndCup for RANDOM DOZEN...very late, that it...

1. Tell me the absolute best way to watch a movie. (one of the most interesting ways I've ever watched one...with my bestest guy at the FOX THEATRE...a grand ole theatre based Moroccan decor...they play old theatre music on the organ and you sit under the 'indoor' stars while you watch and listen...then a visit to the VARSITY to order ..."2 FOs, and 2 yellow dogs all the way walking (for those not familiar with this wonderful landmark in Atlanta...this is a curb-service tradition across the street from Georgia Tech...and my order means: 2 frosted oranges(orange drink mixed
with soft vanilla ice cream) and 2 hot dogs with mustard and onions TO GO)...and you have to yell it when you say it!

2. Do you ever think about your own funeral? If so, do you have specific ideas about how you would like it to be? Yes, and my accountability sisters have already been informed so they can "oversee" my wishes :)

3. Are you more of a giver or a taker? a giver

4. Vacations: planned activities and schedules, or play it by ear? some of both...i don't like to ALWAYS be on a schedule but do like to have some planned time and special events

5. What is one often overlooked item in your home that needs to be cleaned regularly? The chandelier in my entry way...what a pain!

6. Name a cause that means a lot to you. Early colonoscopy due to family history...SAVED MY
LIFE...so if you have colon cancer history in your family, schedule your exam...it may SAVE YOUR LIFE, TOO! (and with the new tablets you can take the night before the procedure, you don't have the bloating and excessive disruption to your lower anatomy : )...hey, there's only so many ways you can say it.

7. Do you eat a regular old peanut butter jelly sandwich, or do you customize it? And by the way, jelly or no jelly? peanut butter & pineapple slice...it's a yummer...you can toast it and it's even yummier
8. If we were having a conversation in person, how would I know if you were nervous? When I'm nervous I can't sit still...have to be moving something.9. Do you have an elaborate bedtime routine, or just the basics of tooth brushing and jammies? basic...after I wake myself up snoring while having fallen asleep in the recliner, again, and find everyone else has gone to bed, it's 2am and all the infomercials are playing...

10. Have you ever regretted something you wrote on your blog? probably...I do a wonderful job of sticking my foot in my mouth most days, so I'm sure if I went back and reread them I'd find something I'd say "ooops" to then I might have to clarify and so SORRY.

11. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a famous person or celebrity? Did you agree? Our youth kids are always commenting about my reminding them of Paula Deen from Food Network (and
Georgia girl, like me)...I find it interesting that hubby can't stand Paula Deen and leaves the room whenever I'm watching her...wonder if he sees any resemblance?
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I'm sure any resemblance I have may be in my Southern drawl and sometimes loud laugh, and has absolutely nothing to do with the extra 40 pounds I've gained since childbirth. Do you see it?









12. If you were going to dedicate a song to a loved one or friend, what would the song be and to whom would it be dedicated? PRECIOUS MEMORIES (to my Granny and Daddy who are already watching down on me from Heaven)

THOSE ARE MY answers...what about you?

Jer. 33:3
"Call to me and I will answer you
and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."
Blessings,