Tuesday, March 31, 2009

JUST 4 TODAY...




Joining on this really "peachy"-good idea...JUST 4 TODAY
...focusing on a few and ensuring completion! We are such a society of multi-tasking it's no wonder we have trouble focusing and completing our daily tasks (simple or difficult).

Today my first adventure lies in focusing on "small group discussions, activities" for our up-coming youth retreat (large group outlines, re-reading scriptures, surveying interaction ideas to get the kids talking).
Today's second adventure is in my shopping to pick up little giveaways (gum, candy, granola bars) ... I like surprising them with leaving things on their pillows, throwing it out during discussions and sometimes snacking on it myself :)

Today's third bullet on my list: working out...the elliptical is calling my name for 30x5...getting me into the "habit" again...Thanks, Liddie!!

...and finally, today's dinner won't cook itself ...unfortunately my nose hasn't learned that trick of "twitching my nose" or "folding my arms and bobbing my head" making things "magically" appear...so I must choose a "lighter" fare and cook it. I am excited because I just got my new Weight Watchers Take 5 cookbook in the mail...gonna try out their ideas!

Have a great day...I'm off to accomplish...

WHAT ARE YOUR "4" TODAY??

7 comments:

Beverlydru said...

How fun that you joined me in Just 4 Today! I'm honored to be in such great company. Another blogger invited me to join the Biggest Loser challenge and I was totally intimidated. But I see your link for 3fatchicks. That sounds more like where I'd fit in. I'm going to check it out.

Sassy Granny ... said...

I'd have to Take 20 today. Tuesdays are like that. So I'll leave it at that ...

If you want a really fabulous online resource for recipes, meals, etc. go to:

www.allrecipes.com

Have a fabulous day!

Faye said...

hope you are having a great day!blessings, faye

Terri Tiffany said...

Today-- I need to write a blog, write a chapter in my WIP, study a chapter in my broker's course, and think of a good meal like you are! But I need more than 4 too!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

My Tuesday "4" quickly morphed in a Tuesday "dozen" or perhaps, more. I stopped counting after 12. Honestly, it's great to make a list, but if I had known of the front end of my yesterday what would be required of me, I'm sure I would have run hard and furious in the other direction.

As our Esther study is called... "It's Tough Being a Woman."

thanks for checking in with me.

peace~elaine

Kim said...

These days I'm not making "to do" lists because it's too discouraging when I don't have the energy to finish them. But I can certainly cheer the rest of you on! :-)

When I was a kid, I SO wanted to be Jeannie! Or Samantha. Back then it was so I could wrinkle my nose and clean up all my toys. LOL Or cross my arms and nod my head and have new toys appear.

char72 said...

Sounds like you're busy busy busy.
Charlotte