Thursday, February 11, 2010

FRIDAY FILL INs..& FINDING BEAUTY

FFI And...here we go!

1. Pickles made with kosher salt and vinegar are my favorites--they add a wonderful, crispy crunch to my sandwiches, and sometimes I sneak one from the jar so they can just crunch in my mouth.
2. SO, if the weather people are RIGHT and we start getting snow tomorrow (moving in from Texas), I'll probably NOT be the ONLY ONE at home.
3. The snow is expected to start falling around 10am, continue falling until early evening and some schools have already closed (flakes haven't even hit the ground yet).
4. Our snow watch is for less snow north of the city with the largest accumulation to be south of the city...the North usually gets a lot more snow, so this is definitely a freak in nature.
5. It's 5:16 PM; that means dd could possibly be working on homework if she's made it back from her internship, I'm cooking in the kitchen while hubs is stressfully driving an hour on his way home from work.
6. Why is it: I buy multiple pairs of glasses so I can easily FIND my glasses but when they're needed any pair is hard to find?
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to the 2-3" of predicted snow, tomorrow my plans include thawing whatever meat I'll be cooking for supper after taking pictures of the snow on the ground and Sunday, I want to hear all about what the youth did in the snow then head home to take a nap after church then get a little knitting done!


Joining DIPITY ROAD...
WHERE DID I FIND BEAUTY TODAY, come see...
I'LL LEAVE YOU WITH A GLIMPSE OF OUR WHITE STUFF THAT IS FALLING OUTSIDE...

THERE IS CERTAINLY A LOT OF BEAUTY IN IT...

video

Jer. 33:3

"Call to me and I will answer you

and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."
Blessings,

9 comments:

sara said...

we didn't get the snow that they predicted coming from TX....woo hoo!! I am ready for SPRING!!!

btw, Happy Birthday!!!

Sassy Granny ... said...

When my children visit, they give me such a hard time about the number of pairs of glasses I have around the house. I hate to tell them, but their day's comin' !!

Blessings,
Kathleen

Cubarado said...

*love pickles and their crunchiness!
*Snow is bountiful in our country this year... Is there any state that hasn't been hit other than Hawaii? LOL!
*Love the scripture, thanks for sharing!!
Blessings,
Jaime

fairfieldhouse said...

This is my first visit to your blog via Dipity Road. Also my first time participating in Finding Beauty:

http://fairfieldhousenj.com/2009/11/27/a-pail-of-perspicacity/

Your video of the snow fall is beautiful and no less appreciated by someone who has been snowed in for a week! A few feet this past weekend and 18 more inches Tues - Wed! Enjoy.

My Crafty Little Page said...

I truly think it's snowing EVERYWHERE in blogland except Austin, TX!!!! Thanks for sharing yours. It's beautiful! :) Nancy

grey like snuffie said...

beautiful...this is the only kind of frosting I like...I never tire of snow.

Kim said...

Mmmmm, luuuuurve pickles! For some reason they're not popular here and the only variety we can get are bread and butter. I want to grow dill and make my own but am having trouble finding dill seed. Tina was going to bring some but it was the wrong time of year to find seeds in the states :-) A young man from our church is coming down in August so I'm going to ask his mom to send seeds then and we'll be ready to plant in September when Spring arrives.

2-3 inches of snow in the Atlanta area? Woot! It'll shut the city down :-) Make sure you share the snow photos on Project 365! Enjoy your snow day. teeheehee

Claudia@DipityRoad said...

well.....

you had me at that pups SMILE!! what a great capture... but then you look us out on your porch / deck and I could hear the quiet.

Thank so much for sharing it is really so beautiful. I want more snow ...in Utah the jet stream keeps pushing it around us for some reason this year!

Enjoy some for me... by the way your darling sweet smile tugged at my heart. I KNEW you would be that cute!! ( i love when i am so right~!!)

Claudia

jay said...

That video of your snow is certainly beautiful! One has to find the beauty in it to endure it, don't you think? So lovely, and yet it can be so deadly too.

Pickles? Ugh! No thanks! LOL!