Wednesday, February 17, 2010

RANDOM DOZEN, week seven

EVEN THOUGH SHE begins with a salute to the Olympics, you'll notice about half-way through LIDDIE’S questions turn the corner and go off on another path…

QUESTIONS then ANSWERS

If you could compete in one Olympic event what would it be? GYMNASTICS…loved it in high school;dated a nationally-ranked gymnast in college; STILL love it but the bod’s too worn out now for it.

What specific Olympic moment from the past do you remember? Walking the 1996 Decathlon’s marathon route with my husband and 4-yo daughter in Atlanta—some of favorite pictures show DD running down the middle of Peachtree Street in her ‘flag’ dress :)

Have you ever known anyone who competed in the Olympics?
NOT yet but I WILL…Maya Moore used to sit by me at DD’s high school softball games…she’ll be in the Olympics soon—I’d lay money on it, for sure, in basketball!

If everyday activities were Olympic-worthy, which activity would you have a gold medal in? Hugs, I give GREAT hugs…no little kissy on each cheek, or dinky little finger-tip hand shakes… big, heart-felt, crush you tata’s kinda hugs :) When you MEAN IT, DO IT…people don’t get enough hugs now.

What do you know about your ethnic heritage? English/Irish background mainly...my great, great grandfather was a Methodist preacher--I have a 1902 pic of he and his 6 children and wife hanging downstairs...ha ha ha..his wife wasn't hanging the picture is.

Do you enjoy sleeping late? My body enjoys sleeping anytime it can sleep now...love Sunday afternoon naps…but generally I don’t like to sleep late—it makes my days too short.

Name one country you'd like to visit and explain why. Cruising through the Greek Isles because it’s **the Greek Isle** hello!…would like to retrace some of Paul’s journey.

Have you ever performed CPR on anyone? Do you know how? (Yes, that's two, I know. Whatevs.) Have taken multiple CPR classes--never used it…Hubs is a certified 1st responder w/ ARC—he taught CPR for 1996 Olympics 1st responders

Have you ever fixed up a couple romantically? NOPE


What is the last book you read? ECLIPSE by Stephanie Meyer

YOU write the question! How's that for random? Was this the first time you’ve ever seen Liddie ask the same question twice? Yes, hee hee


What is your favorite meal at your favorite restaurant? Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen, Salmon Diablo (char-grilled salmon topped with crawfish, crabmeat &
pico de gallo in a lemon garlic butter sauce over dirty rice :)

ENJOY YOUR WEEK 8

Jer. 33:3 "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."
Blessings,

17 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

You've just finished reading my absolute favorite book in the Twilight series! How did you like it?

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Andrea said...

an urgent prayer request on arise 2 write with a prayer button.
andrea

sara said...

I am a hugger too!! and love your explanation...crush you tata's kinda hugs! ha!

oh my word that salmon dish sounds absolutely divine!!!!

Mocha with Linda said...

Your "question" cracked me up! Way to toss it right back at Lidna!

Pappadeaux's is great!

Jane said...

I'm a hugger too :) I hug all my friends hello and goodbye....luckily no one seems to mind :)

Great answers..

Nel said...

I am with you on the hugs! Nothing better, I am from a hugging family. Enjoyed your answers especially your question. I am sure Lid will have a comeback for you... lol

until next time... nel

lagirl/Sweet Tea said...

"Huggers" rule!!
You encourage the rest of us, and who doesn't LOVE a Hugger?!

Mrs. E said...

OK. Now I'm hungry! I love huggers! You go, girl! You're right--not enough hugs to go around!
How cool that you were at the Olympics. We all should take advantage to be a part of history. I've been to 2 presidential funerals--well at least their processions. Pretty cool! You don't forget things like that!

Thena said...

I like your answer to memorable olympic moment. What a great memory for your daughter.

Angie's Ad Lib said...

Love the hugs answer. There aren't enough of you around anymore!

Glad she's not hanging downstairs.

Santorini...would love to go.

Loved your question. Cute.

The meal sounds yummy!

Linda said...

Did you do Beth Moore's study on Paul? LOVED IT! It would be neat to see Greece. Enjoyed your answers.

Amy said...

For awhile teachers were told not to touch their students, even hugs, for fear of lawsuits...I said the day I can't hug a student is the day I quit teaching. I love a good hug...it does the soul good.

Great answers

Amy

Susanne said...

What a neat Olympic moment memory you have!

2Thinks said...

Being at the Olympics would be pretty cool. Gymnastics for sure! A hug a day keeps the blues away. Fun answers!

Kim... and Her Coffee said...

Love your answers.... but the last one has me hungry! :-)

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

We are a BIG hugging family. My Grandmother has always said my boys give the best hugs. She says when they hug you, you know you have been hugged. LOL I normally get a goodbye hug before school, a welcome home hug, a good night hug and a few thrown in there just for nothing. Gosh I am lucky. I hope they never change. I love to learn more about my bloggy friends.

hugs,

Sissy

Kim said...

Okay, your last answer has me salivating! That sounds SO GOOD! Where is that restaurant? If it's in the Atlanta area, I have to try it out on furlough :-)

I'd love to re-trace Paul's steps too. What an amazing trip that would be! (except I'd rather not get shipwrecked)

I was surprised to find out my ancestry is Swedish! I always thought we were Irish/English/Welsh but turns out that while we do have a little of those (we're mutts after all), primarily we're Swedish. No wonder I love IKEA. LOL

It's so good to be back in the Land of the Internet. hahahaha
Have a wonderful Sunday, Jubasista!