Saturday, February 6, 2010

PROJECT 365 - Week Six

Joining both groups--Sara's Project 365

&

Sunday 1/31

ONCE the two main colors of my prayer shawl were completed...it was time to start trimming with the beige scallops...took me quite a while but I could see the end of the tunnel for the project.



Monday, 2/1

Hit the grocery store and got a great deal on a boneless pork roast...it was easy getting it ready for the 'crock pot' after searing each side...

Our family likes fresh veggies, especially with a slowly-cooked roast, so I cleaned a large batch of kale...cooked down with onions, bacon and butter...then simmered in broth until wonderfully soft and flavorful. Kale doesn't have as pungent an odor as the other greens.

While the roast was cooking, leftover chicken, tomatoes and olives topped my lunch salad

AFTER lunch, I finished the shawl...(had to make a few pictures so I could remember it)...it will be handed over at the church soon for someone's use on cold days or in cold situations

( NO PICS for February 2nd through the 5th...certainly not my best week for 365...finally today I remembered to pick up my camera.)


Saturday, 2/6

Below is a picture of our sleet that occurred just before lunch today...we came SO CLOSE to getting some snow but unfortunately we didn't get any.


WITH IT BEING SO RAINY AND COLD, A FEW THINGS CALLED MY ATTENTION...LAUNDRY, CLEANING OUT SOME LEFT-OVERS, FIXED BARBECUE SANDWICHES FOR LUNCH. HOW ABOUT A DOUBLE-CHOCOLATE, WALNUT BROWNIE CAKE?? IT'S DENSE...BUT WHAT A MOUTHFUL OF CHOCOLATEY LUSCIOUSNESS :)

ENJOY YOUR WEEK 7...LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR PICTURES,TOO.

Jer. 33:3 "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

19 comments:

sara said...

that prayer shawl is gorgeous!!!

and that cake....I want some!!!

Darla said...

what a beautiful shawl..doesn't it feel good to make something with meaning and to complete it is the best feeling!!! i love it. your food pictures are tempting me now. great pictures. :D

Tracy said...

Love the prayer shawl...to register for my project you need to follow the steps, please.

http://workofheartandsoul.wordpress.com/365-project-2/

Esthermay said...

CROCHET!!! I didn’t think anyone crocheted anymore. This is gorgeous!
I couldn’t enlarge it – is it just single crochet all the way across?

Crock-Pot Cooking Rocks!!! I’ve saved so much money cooking with my crock-pot.

Have a Great Week!
~es.

He & Me + 3 said...

That prayer shawl turned out awesome i love both of the colors and that cake...wowzers. YUM

Yolanda said...

I'm all over that prayer shawl, beautiful!

Lovingly,
Yolanda

Mocha with Linda said...

That brownie cake looks delish!

Angie's Ad Lib said...

I'm hungry now!

Your prayer shawl is beautiful. A woman at a retreat a few years ago was crocheting one and encouraged me to do so. I haven't tried that project yet, but yours is inspiring.

We got all YOUR snow...be sure to check it out.

Thanks for sharing your week.

Kim said...

Okay woman, are you trying to kill us all with those food photos? LOL Everything looked so good and I'm really hungry right now.

Beautiful prayer shawl; great colors too. I'm sure it will be a comfort to whoever uses it.

Had a few cooler days (nothing like yours of course) but the temperature gauge shot back up this morning. So back in front of the fan for the afternoon. I like looking at your 'cold' photos and trying to convince myself I feel cooler. hahahaha

Andrea said...

Love the prayer shawls. We are surrounded by a blanket of snow. It is so beautiful.
Blessings, andrea

~*~KIMBERLY~*~ said...

Very creative. Great job.

Lisa said...

Congrats on finishing the shawl...love the feeling of accomplishment.

And good job on posting even though you forgot some days!

Tori said...

What a beautiful shawl and I love the colors together!
I think the cake looks delicious too!

Cathy said...

That shawl is beautiful and that cake looks delicious and so does your salad. Yummy.

Hope you have a great week.

Lori at The Davidson Den said...

Cake sounds so good right about now...

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

MUST...HAVE...CHOCOLATE!!!

Seriously it looks wonderful.

The daughter feels yucky and I'm not top far behind her so we may both be down for the count tomorrow :(

R

Andrea said...

The prayer shawl is beautiful. Hope you have a wonderful week.
Blessings, andrea

Sassy Granny ... said...

Oh dear, now I'm starved and there's no chocolate ANYTHING around to sink my teeth into!

Beautiful work on the prayer shawl. I am always amazed at the creative talent of other people.

Blessings,
Kathleen

rita said...

Isn't it fun to finish a project and amazing that little by little something beautiful and big can be completed!
All that food is an accomplishment as well. I see you are losing weight also, how in the world?