Thursday, February 4, 2010

THANKFUL THURSDAY (heavy-duty or wispy blessings)

SO THANKFUL ... Our 3-yo great niece, Katie, had some minor surgery today for two infected breast-bone wires from her last heart surgery...all went well and no wound vacuum was
needed...just some antibiotics and follow-up checks. Yeah!

Having prayed this little angel through some heavy-duty surgeries and recuperating seasons, I'm re-awakened to the blessings sent our way...
Blessings might not even be seen at all...dismissed as a coincidence of fate, if there were such a thing.

Knowing God hears the prayers of His faithful, I love acknowledging God's hand in our heavy-duty and in our wisps of blessings.

In addition to our Katie-girl's minor surgery, Charlotte also captures her understanding of a blessing...she was awakened to a blessing she didn't envision...on her February 3 post...a thankful one, indeed, for her results...for her doctor.

Her sweet words started me pondering on doctors & illnesses & unexpecteds ...situational and personal.


WHAT UNEXPECTED, WISPY BLESSING HAS GOD GIVEN YOU TODAY?

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN BLESSED TO PRAY WITH ONE OF YOUR DOCTORS?


Jer. 33:3 "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

I borrowed the 'cloudy' Bible tag above from Charlotte...thanks!
Blessings,

7 comments:

Charlotte said...

Thank you for your nice comments. I'm honored that you chose to share my experience and picture here on your blog. I'm praying for little Katie. It's sad for one so young to have problems like this.
Blessings,
Charlotte

LeAnn * ~ See Great Things said...

Lots of treasures and encouragements here! When my 3rd child was born, our doctor prayed with us. It was special. ~

Heart2Heart said...

I would love to pray with my doctors. I was watching a trauma show last night when one of the male nurses prayed with the family and it was captured on TV. Now that is what I call faith!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

Amazing stories and it brings such warmth to your heart. When I had Steven I ended up with HELLP syndrome and my blood was not clotting after an emergency c-section. My Dr. came in on Father's Day and prayed for me. It was so wonderful and eased my fears.

Today is my youngest's birthday, just seeing him giggle and laugh is my Blessing for today. I thank God everyday for my two boys, they are my heart.

Hugs,

Sissy

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Best blessing of my day was receiving a call from my dad, asking me if we had plans for dinner. He and my mom drove over (about an hour) and took us out for Mexican fare. Food was great; fellowship even better.

Love time with my parents.

peace~elaine

Denise said...

God is so good.

free FONT said...

hola!
how are you?
you can download unique fonts in our website for free